ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS OF THE SCHOOL
- Partnership Appreciation: Tradesman Empowerment Programme 2019, By OPL Academy.
1st Position Science Exhibition, April 2017. By Lagos State Government Education District III
PART-TIME SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
The college has been lending a hand of assistance to different individuals and state Government to develop and up-skill human capacities. These services span from one week (1week), eight weeks (8 weeks) and three months (3 months) as required by the sponsors.
- Life Changer: ran one week program for Youth Skill Development in dressmaking.
- Wale Raji Youth empowerment (Wale Raji YES).
- Lagos State Technical and Vocational Education Board/Lagos State Ministry of Wealth creation Training and Up-skill of Artisans in Lagos State.
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF)- Youth Skill Competency Training Skill (3 months yearly).
- N-Power Build (3 months) Youth Skilled Competency Programme.
- LASTVEB Modern Apprenticeship Training Programme (MATP)
In order to reactivate the existing clubs and societies also to involve the newly admitted students, the college inaugurated its clubs and societies on 22 Oct 2019. These clubs & societies are Red Cross, Road Safety Corps, quiz and debating society, Boys Scout & Hi-corps. The college Instructors have the responsibility of coordinating the activities of the clubs & societies weekly.
Students have performed greatly in these extracurricular activities. For instance, the college came 1st in the Lagos at 50 Science Exhibition organised by Education District III, Ikoyi in April 2017 and also came 1st in the maiden edition of the College’s 35th founders day Quiz competition with other four Technical College’s in the state.
Sporting activities: students are assigned into different sports houses; Red, Yellow, Green & Blue. They compete among themselves in Football, Athletes, Long/High jump, and some other track events.
PARENT FORUM: The Principal Mr Olayiwola, I. Olufemi saw the need for parents’ involvement in the college so as to have a meaningful contribution to the life of the college and the student. Hence, Parents Forum was inaugurated on 3/07/2013. The first president of the Parent’s Forum – Mr Bamgbose, saw the need for the College to have a Hall and the forum embarked on the moulding of blocks for the project. In 2015, the foundation stone of the college hall was laid by the immediate past Executive Secretary Mrs.Omolara Erogbogbo, under the chairmanship of Alhaji Weekend, the new Parents Forum President.
Pastor Gideon Balogun the 3rd Parents Forum Chairman continued with the construction of the hall, which is presently at roofing level. All these were achieved with several contributions, launching and donations from parents and personalities within the community. Apart from the building of the college hall, the forum has been supportive and contributes substantially to all the college events as related to the growth and welfare of the students.
On the completion of the necessary module in Tech III and award of certificates, the following opportunities await our graduated Tech III:
- Secure employment with an organisation.
- Become an employer of labour/entrepreneur setting up own business/workshop.
- Secure admission to the higher institution: Colleges of Education, Polytechnic, university for further studies.
The following organisations have partnered with us to provide employment for our students
- Tyrbats Nigeria Ltd, Ikorodu.
- Royal Durum Investment Ltd. Epe
- OPL Academy, City Hall, Lagos