Most graduates of our college are self-employed and have employed other young Nigerians, thus reducing unemployment. Others have gained employment with different leading industries such as Dangote PLC, Ikeja Electric Distribution Company etc. The following organisations have employed our students.
- Afrimero Industry 56, Town Planning Way, Along Oshodi Express Way, Ilupeju employed our graduates in Construction trades.
- Faraday Engineering Company Limited 19, Ogunsefunmi Street, off Akinremi Street, Anifowose Ikeja Electrical Installation Works, Electronic Works, Instrument Mechanics Works, Mechanic Engineering Craft, Motor Vehicle Mechanics and Business Trade.
- In 2018, A-SQUARE and Company Associates Engineering, 369 Herbert Macaulay Street, Yaba Vehicle Mechanics Works and Electrical Installation Works.
- CHARIOT PROPERTIES LIMITED. 12, Limson Road by River Valley Estate, Ojodu Berger employed our graduates in Electrical Installation works and Construction Trade.
- Kingspot Nigeria Limited at Gestric Plaza, 42 Osolo way, Isolo Lagos employed our graduates in furniture making.
- Adeyinka Technical Institute at Lapeleke, off Lagos Abeokuta Express Way, via Ewekoro Cement factory, employed our graduates in Bricklaying, Block-laying and Concreting, Furniture making, Plumbing & Pipe fittings and Fabrication & Welding.
- The College came first amongst the five (5) Technical Colleges in 2016 NABTEB Examination.
The School in collaboration with our Supervisory body LASTVEB has been able to partner with a different organization such as MTN, NECA/ITF, NIGERITE, SKILL-UP Academy, Lagos State Employability Trust Fund, Ministry Of Wealth and Job Creation, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry, SWISS DIASPORA, Wadhwani Foundation and others.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
2016 –1st Overall winner of World Bank Painting and Decorating Competition
2015 –1st Overall winner Bank of Industry Award for National Competition in Plumbing and Pipe Fittings.
The college enjoys a supportive relationship with the community members and parents of students. Parents are often invited to scheduled meetings during which the college management addresses them on relevant issues like regularity and punctuality of students, compulsory assembly attendance by students, maintenance of discipline amongst students, health issues, the impact of Lagos State Government on the development of technical education, academic success and dissemination of vital information to parents and lots more.
This forum has given parents a good opportunity to express their minds on issues relating to the progress of their children and the necessary steps taken by college management where and when necessary.
Since sport is a formal occasion whereby participants compete by displaying skills, talents and abilities for the purpose of winning laurels of honour, G.T.C Ikorodu students have shown their talents in sports competitions in various schools within Ikorodu and also Technical colleges’ games such as intercollegiate sport. In most of the games that G.T.C Ikorodu students participated in, they have always performed excellently well, most especially in athletics.
The college believes that when youths are positively engaged in various aspects of sports like games, gymnastics, they have little or no time to be involved in social vices and criminal activities. Total obedience to rules and regulations of various games instill self-discipline in sportsmen and women, who are mainly young people. G.T.C Ikorodu has also participated in various football competitions in which they have proven their worth.
Other co-curricular activities in the college are; Literary and Debate, Young Entrepreneurs Club, Dramatic society, Sheriff Guide, Girls Guide and the host of others.